Lately I have been trying a lot of different cookies recipes that don’t include ingredients like butter and sugar. I like being able to eat a cookie, that still tests good, without feeling so bloated afterwards. Since it is drawing close to Halloween, I thought I would take one of my favorite cookie recipes and add a little Halloween twist to it.
Healthy Halloween Cookies:
2 cups flour
1 cup whole oats
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
3/4 cup candy corn
1/4 cup white chocolate chips, chopped
3/4 cup olive oil
3/4 cup agave
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees and grease or line a baking sheet with paper (for this recipe I would recommend lining a cookie sheet because the candy corn can melt and run.
2. Toast almonds in the oven (I usually just stick the almonds in the oven while it is preheating, and just wait until they’re nice and brown).
3. Combine the flour, oats, salt, baking soda and toasted almonds together and mix well.
4. Add candy corn, white chocolate chips, olive oil and agave into the dry ingredients and mix until everything is combined (if the dough seems dry or is having trouble forming, just add a little more olive oil).
5. Scoop out heaping amounts of dough, form into 12 balls, and place on cookie sheet. Gently flatten the dough, using your fingers (the photo below is what they look like before they go into the oven).
6. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cookies are a nice golden brown. Remove from the cooke sheet and let them cool before you inhale them. Enjoy!